The City of Wylie, TX has become one of the fastest-growing communities in the country, experiencing a 230% growth in population since 2000. This population boom, coupled with complications from the city’s legacy billing and payment system, had created an overwhelming influx of work for city staff and a poor user experience for its residents trying to pay their utility bills.
Staff and customers alike had grown frustrated with the municipal online payment experience from the City of Wylie’s legacy payment platform. The city faced constant challenges with their previous digital payment solution, including:
- Frequent system outages increasing staff workloads and causing late payments
- Increased customer frustration from limited payment options and disjointed user experiences
- Low self-service rates due to a difficult-to-navigate interface
To better engage its customer base and streamline processes for its busy staff, the City of Wylie knew it needed to find a proven, cutting-edge payment solution with a history of high self-service adoption. They chose InvoiceCloud and VertexOne, as they offered everything they needed to:
- Remove barriers from the payment experience to drive higher self-service adoption
- Thrill customers with a range of convenient, easy-to-use payment options
- Seamlessly integrate with the existing CIS and new customer self-service portal
- Save staff time with streamlined processes and offer peace of mind with a reliable billing and payment system
VertexOne’s re-named product portfolio echoes the company’s long-standing mission to enhance the customer experience. Therefore, products mentioned in this resource may not reflect our current portfolio names. Click the link to learn more about our product renaming and restructure.